Shinsung Career III 300

subforum about Shinsung.
fokkemol
Site Admin

Shinsung Career III 300

Post by fokkemol » 15-12-2013 19:34

Hi,

i had a few of these too! The first one i bought a long time ago. I traded it for an Air Arms S400 Xtra Fac SL. One week later i bought another III 300. I missed it like hell.

The Shinsung Career III 300 is a potent gun straight out of the box. Lots of power, screaming noisy and sure of the fact that appearance is less important than performance. You don`t have to be good looking when you are spitting out 28 grain Eunjin pellets at 1017 fps. The double air reservoir contains 435 cc and assures some 12 to 18 shots per fill.

With the lighter JSB 16 grain pellet and a new powerfull hammerspring a V0 of 1352 fps was achieved. No need for a silencer with a speed like that.

This 6 shooter Works perfect. No hi tech gun, no levers that are going to break when you re using a little force. Just thick steel, operating smoothly. The III 300 saw it`s light in 2002. In the Netherlands a III 300 was more expensive than the 201S. The III 300 did €850 (close to $1100), the 201S did €799 (well over $1000).

The III 300 is dealing with the same image as the 201S. It`s unreliable and it leaks. Sure it leaks, but unreliable? No way, the III 300 is one of the more reliable guns I have ever had. You can rely on the fact that the III 300 is going to leak. Replacement of the o rings is a simple job but some day it has to be done.

The revolving 6 shot magazine Works perfectly. Point of attention is that when the pellets aren`t seated properly there`s a chance one slips through the breech in the area between the hammer and valvestem, a horrible inconsistent gun is the result. The Career III 300 is a hard hitting gun, but due to the powerwheel it can be adjusted to a mild shooting gun. Though the Career is hard hitting, it`s an accurate piece of work. Shinsung makes her own barrels and they are good ones.

The 300 was available in the usaul calibres, .177, 20, .22 and .25. The weight is 7 lbs, the length of the barrel 23.75” and the overall length is 41.3”.

Some pics?

Here`s the first one i had. I never seen a 300 with a better lookingh stock than this one.

Here`s the one i bought a week later, it`s still here.

Here`s a rarely seen .25. You don`t see many 300`s with a black receiver.

Fokke.