Shinsung 201

subforum about Shinsung.
fokkemol
Site Admin

Shinsung 201

Post by fokkemol » 15-12-2013 19:02

The Shinsung 201 is the grandpa of big bores.

The Shinsung Career 201S is a trendsetter in big bore airguns. In the states some creative buyer replaced the .356 shotgun barrel for a .356 rifled barrel, the airgunscene picked up the idea and followed the example. Pretty soon Shinsung decided to make their own 9 mm rifled barrels and put `m in the 201S. The stocked guns were all refitted, the standard .177, .20, .22 and .25 barrels were removed. The rebuilt stock guns are easy identifiable, there`s a dent in the left side of the reciever, they simply milled the caliber indication out of the reciever.

The more sofisticated airgunner hates the 201S for its crudeness, for it`s leaking, for it`s power and for its looks. Headstrong guns aren`t easily loved. It`s seen many times that a 201S is losing it`s air in a matter of days and suddenly...it stops leaking, after a few weeks it starts leaking again. Like nothing ever happened.

It`s a strange looking little gun. The hunting scene on both sides of the reciever makes it a bit....strange or unusual at the least. It looks like the plastic gun you could win on the fair together with a cowboy hat, but it`s performance isn`t toylike at all. Spitting out .356 bullets with 190 to 220 fpe.

I had a few so far. Here are some pics.

Here`s my first 201. I had it for a few years.

The one on top is my second 201s. I like the blank receiver. After a year or so the airgunlaw threatened to change and i had to sell it. Wad`ya think. The law didn`t change!

Sometime later i bought a 202S. Stock, like new.

At that same moment someone attented me to the fact that my old 201S was for sale. I called the owner and told him i had to get my old 201 back. We swapped, he got my new 202 and i got my old 201 back. It`s still here offcourse.

Fokke.